RIFF Box Server Credits
You can use these RIFF Box Server Credits to purchase three activations *:
- eMMC Support Activation
- Clone Activation
- PKG License Activation
For RIFF Box with “Account Expired” message from server, activations are required and they are not free.
RIFF Box Server Credits allow you to:
- Update RIFF Box firmware for a period of 1 year
- Access RIFF download servers for a period of 1 year
- Receive support on RIFF forums
Please note that buying these credits you get 1 year access to firmware updates and download server. In a year, when your activation (credits) expires you’ll have to renew your access.
RIFF Box Server Credits – Activation’s Prices:
- eMMC Support Activation – 30 credits
Allows you to use “JTAG Manager v1.58” software with ISP/Direct eMMC support.
Note! To be able to work with eMMC interface you have to upgrade your RIFF Box.
- Clone Activation – 60 credits
Converts your clone box into an authentic RIFF Box.
- PKG license – 30 credits
This is a permanent activation that allows you to create repair packages (PKG files) and sell them to other users. Please note that a valid license for RIFF Box and 1.58 or higher version is required to use this option. The activation enables access to RIFF download server and ensures support on RIFF forums.
JTAG Manager v1.58 with ISP/Direct eMMC support.
To use it, please prepare your RIFF Box installation folder:
- Rename JTAG Manager v1.56, so you can continue using it if your account is expired.
- Backup “Useful plugins” folder content because old plugins are incompatible with new Exe, and old exe is incompatible with new plugins.
- Start v1.58 exe and download license (if your account is not expired)
- Update Box firmware to v1.38
- Download new plugins.
Old server will be online for some weeks, so users can get a license, if they need it.
JTAG Manager 1.58
- Added Direct eMMC Access Interface on the RIFFBOX RJ-45 port (check pinout picture for CMD, CLK, DAT0, pins positions, etc.)
- Added eMMC/SD Access page for Read/Write operations on eMMC/SD card via direct interface
- Added eMMC/SD Advanced dialog which allows to perform advanced operations with eMMC/SD cards
(reading info, browsing through OCR, CID, CSD (and EXT_CSD for eMMC only) registers’ fields, edit separate fields and writing back to card, reading/writing eMMC card’s MCU’s internal firmware, etc.)
- Added convenient information presentation for specific eMMC chips: pinouts for testpoints, manuals how to use testpoints to resurrect dead eMMC, etc.). These INFO files (*.riffinfo) are stored in JTAG Manager’s Documents folder and can be downloaded using generic “Check for Updates” operation.
- Added eMMC Firmware Update option
- Added eMMC Firmware Reading option (firmware is stored in *.riffemmcfw format)
For firmware read need to select chip from the list
- *.riffemmcfw eMMC firmware files are now used by RIFF for firmware updates (plain binary files are supported too)
- Added elapsed time info for eMMC firmware update stages
- Added eMMC Testpoint info displaying (info files must be downloaded from support and are located in the JTAG Manager’s “Documents” folder
- Added CMD42 Lock/Unlock functionality for eMMC. User can set/change/remove password to protect/unprotect (lock/unlock) the User Area Partition
- Added the User Area Partition Forced Erase to erase Locked User Area Partition and to reset Device lock/unlock state and password (CMD42’s consequences)
- Added Samsung Factory Erase, which erases and re-formats Samsung eMMC chips
- Fixed bug, displaying wrong SD card size, for cards with capacity less than 2GB
- Few small improvements and bug fixes
- Added Direct eMMC Access Interface functionality
- Improved the eMMC communication
- Added the CMD42 Lock/Unlock/Reset Password features
- Added Forced Erase of locked User Area Partition
- Added Samsung eMMC Factory Format
- Fixed bug for small SD card support
- eMMC firmware update feature added
RIFF Box – Upgrade Procedure:
This is an initial guide for RIFF Box eMMC ISP/Direct functionality. This is not regular update, but rather a major upgrade.
As such, it will come free for all RIFF Boxes registered in the last 6 months (180 days), and of course for all new RIFF Box customers.
To prepare everything on your side for this upgrade, you will need the following:
- RJ45 cable
- 2 x 100 ohms resistors
- External source for VCC and VCCQ (optional)
- Moorc adapters (optional)
- Activation credits (if your box is older than 6 months)
RJ45 cable is required to connect RIFF Box to eMMC, as RIFF Box RJ45 port is used for this function.
2 x 100 Ohms resistors are required as pull up, to increase signal levels and improve stability.
External source for VCC and VCCQ is required in case that you don’t want to open your RIFF Box, in order to connect RIFF Box internal VCC voltage source. There are already some adapters on the market, which offer this function.
Moorc adapters are well known, and they offer best at a price range.
Activation credits – you have to buy them, if your box is older than 6 months.
RIFF Box RJ45 port pinout:
VCC pin is located on RIFF Box motherboard, bottom side. You can locate it if you check the picture below.
Please provide us with your RIFF serial number while placing an order.
Serial number can be found using old RIFF software version 1.29
As soon as credits deposited on your account, we will send you an email.
After that you may run the latest version of software.
* Developer provides support only for those phones which are on the list of supported. Not all servicing features can be applied to some supported models, due to difference of hardware / software versions. Complete list of supported models you can find on the official product page, or on the GSM forum.
Detailed information on the further use of the virtual product will be sent to your email, specified during registration, when we confirm your payment and process your order.
Ready to ship in 1-2 business day from Pakistan
- Store Name: GSM Player
- Vendor: GSM Player
- Address: College Road, Pul Dat
Dera Ghazi Khan
- No ratings found yet!